Friday 13 January 2017

Blink by K.L. Slater Book Review

Blink: A psychological thriller with a killer twist you'll never forget by [Slater, K.L.]

BLURB

What if the person you love most in the world was in terrible danger … because of you?

Three years ago, Toni’s five-year-old daughter Evie disappeared after leaving school. The police have never been able to find her. There were no witnesses, no CCTV, no trace. 

But Toni believes her daughter is alive. And as she begins to silently piece together her memories, the full story of the past begins to reveal itself, and a devastating truth.

Toni’s mind is trapped in a world of silence, her only chance to save herself is to manage the impossible. She must find a way to make herself heard. She must find her daughter. 

A compelling, gripping thriller with a breathtaking twist that will keep you awake until the early hours. Perfect for fans of The Girl on the TrainBehind Closed Doors and The Sister. 


MY THOUGHTS

I’m always checking out the latest authors that Bookouture are publishing. I’m already a fan of Angela Marsons and Robert Bryndza and now I have just added K.L. Slater to the list. In her second novel, Blink, we meet Toni Cutter who is settling into her new life in Nottingham with her five-year-old daughter, Evie. Toni has had a tough year, her husband was killed on active duty in Afghanistan and she is now trying to move forward with her life.

There were a few characters in the book which really got under my skin, including Toni’s mother during some scenes in the book. When we are inside Toni’s head we can see her frustration and when people ask questions about her past and what brought her to Nottingham I couldn’t help but feel sorry for her.


K.L. Slater does a fantastic job of lining up a list of suspects; there were so many characters who I had my suspicions about. But the twist towards the end took me completely by surprise. I actually had to put the book down for a moment and stop before I could carry on. It really took my breath away. K. L. Slater pulled this off brilliantly and that wasn’t the only twist up her sleeve. I haven’t been this impressed by a twist since I read I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh. This book is perfect for fans of Linda Green’s While My Eyes Were Closed. I loved it. I highly recommend! 

Publisher: Bookouture

Publication date: 16th February 2017

Print length: 295 pages


No comments:

Post a Comment